|Click on the photo above to take a short aerial tour of the beautiful UCSB campus. (Bren Hall is the white building at top right.)|
Since opening its doors in 1996, the Bren School of Environmental Science & Management at UC Santa Barbara has become recognized as one of the top graduate programs of environmental study in the nation. We invite you to explore what the Bren School has to offer and to discover first-hand:
- How youth and clarity of vision allow the Bren School to evolve purposefully and respond quickly to a changing world — and what that means for your education.
- What we mean by "taking collaborative interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approaches to environmental problem-solving" and how that approach will help to prepare you as a professional.
- How Bren School professors model such work — and how Bren students benefit, whether they pursue a Master's or a PhD degree.
- The Bren community and what makes it unique.
- The importance of learning from professors who are experts in diverse disciplines but choose to work together under one roof every day.
- How the Bren School will train you to be a highly proficient communicator, collaborator, and leader, someone who can contribute as a professional right away in work that you love.
- What exactly Master's Eco-Entrepreneurship Projects and Group Projects are and how they give you a decided professional advantage.
- Admissions requirements for PhD and Master's students.
- And a lot more!
The deadlines to apply for the Bren School's PhD or Master's programs have passed. Applications will reopen in September 2016. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit the UCSB Graduate Division's Admissions and Outreach page at that time to submit an application for Fall 2017.