Welcome to the Admissions section of the Bren School website. For more information on admissions requirements and application procedures, please follow the links to the individual sections dedicated to MESM, Ph.D. and International students.
WHAT DISTINGUISHES THE BREN SCHOOL
- Highly individualized attention that is only possible at a small school. (Bren currently has 120 master's students and 35 Ph.D. students.)
- The resources of UCSB. The University is home to five Nobel Prize laureates and is one of only 62 institutions that have been elected to membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities. Highly ranked in ecology and environment.
- An evolving and up-to-date curriculum that empowers cutting-edge research and teaching.
- A superb faculty – Bren professors are established leaders in their fields who contribute valuable new knowledge and participate in policy making at the highest levels.
- Dedicated and enthusiastic faculty, staff and student. A deeply rooted sense of community. A casual and friendly atmosphere.
- Extraordinary career-development program. Excellent placement statistics for our graduates.
- Location, location, location. A spectacular setting where the Santa Barbara Mountains meet the Pacific Ocean.
- Affordable tuition and fees at the nation's top-ranked public university system. Out-of-state students pay in-state fees after their first year.
- Emphasis on science and management. Focus on current job market needs and future trends.
The greatest challenge for humankind is balancing our desire to live bountiful and prosperous lives with preserving the integrity of the natural world in order to sustain generations to come.
We invite you to join us in meeting that challenge.